Then, the candidate has an outline of their full work experience (employment history) in sequential order with employment dates on file.
Next is the Educational background, listed in descending order (most recent first). It then moves onto the Professional Background, highlighting skills separated into professional & personal skills.
And lastly, Certifications/Licenses that the candidate it involved with. Then a final part displays any other additional information that the candidate want it to be listed.
Resume Example for Hosting Engineer
Hosting Engineer – AWS Implementation’s with Cloudformation, Jenkins, JSON and Git
I am a committed and enthusiastic IT professional from a managed service background supporting platforms of wide ranging sizes and flavours. I have a desire to learn from a skilled peer group and consistently improve. My belief is that I have something to offer any team and have a track record of stepping up to the mark. At this point in my career I need focus and to specialise and have recently been following an AWS path, the next challenge I take in my career needs to be both enjoyable and rewarding with team ethosculture that wants to improve every day.
Key SkillsTechnology Focus
• Team Leadership
• Continuous improvement
• Classic Infrastructure Support
• Problem Management
September 2014 to Present
at Adapt/Datapipe working in a diverse environment of public/private and hybrid clouds at various stages of product lifecycles including support/implementation/administration as well asContinual Service Improvements.
• AWS Implementation’s with Cloudformation, Jenkins, JSON and Git
• Hands on experience with AWS services such as Autoscaling, Route53, S3, RDS, certificate manage, Elastic Search, Cloudfront, ELB’s, SES, SNS, EBS, VPC, EFS, Lambda, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch and Cloudformation.
• ClassicAWS On call
• CiscoJuniper Firewall – Admin, troubleshooting and customer implementation
• vSpherevCloud Director – Admin, troubleshooting and customer implementation
• F5 Load Balancers implementationtroubleshootingAdministration
• LinuxWindows Builds and 3rd line support
• Monitoring – Solarwinds, EM7 and Datadog for AWS
• Multiple builds/customer onboardings on both private VMware stacks, in-house public cloud and AWS
• Storage – Admin, troubleshooting and implementation
• Automated Patching
Technical Support analyst and currently Senior Analyst
September 2011 to September 2014
acting as an escalation pointmentor for the service desk while continually improving its performance.
• ITO Service Desk Transition – Technical lead through Due Diligence, Service Design, Service Implementation, Staff Training and Project Closure ( Working with resources across the business) for a recent Council ITO. In the process of creating a Transition template off the back of this piece of work.
• Designing and Continually Improving a Skills Framework Competency for service desk which is used as a progression toolincentive for staff ( Linked to pay structure)
• Problem Management leading to solution implementation via change control.
• Working with Pre -Sales, providing technical inputCustomer knowledge on a ‘Managed Service’ tender proposal’s
• Liaising with other internal teams to troubleshootescalateresolve issues
• Mentoring staff within the team to share knowledge effectively, providing training highlighted in one to ones and skills framework
• On-site Engineer hardware refreshes and platform rollouts
• Continual Service Improvement, working with customers to enhance their work environment.
January 2009 to September 2011
and all Change Requests in a dedicated Citrix environment
• Training New Team Members and Leading the team when needed
• Creating and maintaining service processes
Desktop Support Analyst
November 2007 to January 2009
in Pudsey, Providing customer Service support to a customer base of over 60,000 people
November 2001 to November 2007
A Levels in Pure Mathematics in Sociology
IT Qualifications / Professional Courses recently
VCP550 – VMware Certified Professional (May 2015)
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate ( December 2016)
AWS Certified Developer – Associate (June 2017)
AWS Certified Sysops Administrator – Associate ( October 2017)