Then, the candidate has an outline of their full work experience (employment history) in sequential order with employment dates on file.
Next is the Educational background, listed in descending order (most recent first). It then moves onto the Professional Background, highlighting skills separated into professional & personal skills.
And lastly, Certifications/Licenses that the candidate it involved with. Then a final part displays any other additional information that the candidate want it to be listed.
Resume Example for Manager, Complex Hosting Project Management
A hands on, results-oriented leader with extensive and diverse experience in management of staff in the context of Information Technology, Operations and Project/Program Management. I have the ability to identify talent, build teams, build relationships and manage performance through metrics.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Manager, Complex Hosting Project Management
July 2015 to Present
Responsible for the oversight of all projects executed by the Complex Hosting Project Management team.
Leveraging my management skills and technical knowledge to lead a variety of projects in the context of Public, Private and Hybrid cloud delivery models within IaaS, SaaS and CaaS service models.
o Managed IT Services for SMB clients, Healthcare, Law Firms, K-12 Education and Financial Services.
o Data Center Services: Managed Hosting, Colocation, Disaster Recovery and Web Hosting.
o Cloud Services: Virtual Desktops, Virtual Servers, Applications and VOIP.
Chief Operations Officer – COO
2011 to 2015
Responsible for the management and oversight of 90 staff members in the areas of:
• Project / Program Management
• Technical Client Support / Field Service
• Sales Engineering
• Implementation Services (Site Surveys, Installations)
• Customer Service (Dispatch, Order Processing and Inside Sales Support)
• Logistics (Purchasing, Warehousing and Distribution)
VP, Project Management and Client Services
2005 to 2011
Provided Program/Project Management for total systems replacement, infrastructure upgrades / refreshes, software upgrades, development of new applications / modules and migrations to new technology. This included discovery, business analysis, risk analysis, resource management, change management, disaster recovery / business continuity planning and post-implementation reviews.
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
1992 to 2003
• For over 11 years, I provided technological and strategic vision and leadership for the entire organization.
• Started as a consultant and was then hired to create a global IT/IS department. I managed the IT organization as it evolved from a $60 MM single location with no internal IT staff to a $500 MM organization with an IT staff of 95 employees across 14 locations in 5 countries with an annual operating budget over $23 MM.
• Successfully managed the IT department through times of both explosive growth and corporate consolidation.
MBA, Information Systems