Then, the candidate has an outline of their full work experience (employment history) in sequential order with employment dates on file.
Next is the Educational background, listed in descending order (most recent first). It then moves onto the Professional Background, highlighting skills separated into professional & personal skills.
And lastly, Certifications/Licenses that the candidate it involved with. Then a final part displays any other additional information that the candidate want it to be listed.
Resume Example for Senior Manager, Hosting and Networking
Senior Manager, Hosting and Networking – Allscripts
Holly Springs, NC
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Senior Manager, Hosting and Networking
2016 to Present
Fulfills a critical role at this leading developer of software applications for the healthcare industry, with a focus on leading the Network Architecture, Network Build, and Network Operations teams that support multiple Allscripts developed Electronic Health Records (EHR) and Clinical Practice Management software suites. Maintains accountability for five multi-tenant data centers and disaster recovery sites, meeting and surpassing all metrics governing serviceability, scalability, and security to maximize the value of the client experience.
* Credited with re-engineering the networking issue management workflow to lower a volume of 80 problem tickets each week to under 40, by assembling an Operations Support Team from the ground up, overhauling the On-Call procedure, and adding 24-hour availability for network services; on a weekly basis, provided status reports and summaries to management.
* Achieved standardization across the organization while mitigating risks and developing a proactive support position through the creation of a formal Software Life Cycle Management process.
* Introduced a repeatable project management process to capture gains in efficiency, productivity, and quality, including templates for document scope, task lists, timelines, and communications protocols; combined with a resource planning model, these improvements significantly reduced engineering workload by eliminating overlap in client Go Live processes.
* Built an unprecedented documentation library that featured folders for Standards, Configurations, Diagrams, and key areas of reference; initiated a Run Book containing guides for all service requests, with directions sorted by service and down to specific granular tasks, which was adopted as a new employee teaching tool and which facilitated handoffs to the Network Operations Center.
* Created a service catalog to empower the sales force with knowledge of the key features and competitive advantages of the network services that support Allscripts software suites.
* Ensured the overall success of data center operations through the management of vendor relationships with companies that included ATOS, Netsmart, Tierpoint and SunGard.
* Contributed additional service and expertise heading a Task Force assembled to identify and resolve a major issue with the company’s Touchworks EHR SaaS service, working with key stakeholders across the organization to develop and deploy a solution, followed by the creation of a new user’s guide.
* Strengthened the network monitoring process with the SolarWinds system, coupled with new processes for proactive and reactive alerts that greatly enhanced insight into all devices across all data centers.
Manager, Networking Technology Services
2013 to 2016
Effectively managed networking and telecommunications throughout 40 locations of this regional health network throughout Greater Cincinnati, with authority over the assembling, training, and leadership of a team of nine direct reports. Deployed and administered a variety of innovative technologies that included Epic Patient Information Monitors, Epic Welcome Kiosks, Voalte, Cisco Telepresence, and 802.11ac wireless connectivity. Capital projects included the migration of a single data center to two facilities, including Cisco Nexus 7000, Fabric Interconnect, Fabric Extenders and UCS infrastructure.
* Eliminated over $160K in annual expenses through the design of a Metropolitan Area Network in collaboration with an Internet service provider, empowering over 40 remote offices with low-latency, high bandwidth connectivity; additionally, developed a remote access policy and identity management process that increased the flexibility and agility of authorized users to access information and systems at any time, from anywhere.
* Positioned the department as a trusted strategic partner to the health system, working with medical professionals and executives to identify technologies to provide innovative patient care solutions and maximize positive outcomes.
* Formalized a modern, highly effective Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery strategy, including a written guide, to minimize outages of networking and telecommunications systems.
* Served as an integral member of the Campus Master Planning Team that led the design of a new Joint and Spine Center, a $280MM project, that featured interactive kiosks for patient registration, telepresence video units, and a special nurse system that allowed for engagement with patients and charts from mobile phones.
Manager, Networking and Telecommunications/Enterprise Architect
2012 to 2013
Oversaw all facets of networking and telecommunications at this $500MM clinical research organization, with executive authority over nine employees in three countries supporting network, voice and mobile communications services at over 60 global locations. Applied expertise in networking and voice communications to serve on the Enterprise Architecture team, contributing to analysis, design and architecture responsibilities; credited with developing multiple architectures for network and telephony services in accordance with TOGAF and SOA Enterprise architecture methodologies.
* Led a detailed inquiry into costs, identifying savings opportunities that eliminated over $2MM in expenses associated with telecommunications.
* Led the design and implementation of a comprehensive overhaul of a data center, directing the deployment of Cisco Nexus 7000, 5000, 2000 and 1000V series switches over the course of one weekend, supporting dense computing and virtualization initiatives.
* Lowered service issues by 714% through the restructuring of the group, coupled with the adoption of innovative problem management workflows.
Senior Network Engineer
2007 to 2012
Responsible for the design, maintenance, administration, operation and monitoring of over 300 networked devices around the world for this clinical research organization, with accountability for the development of colleagues to build the necessary skills to support the business. Achieved reduced bandwidth, performance enhancements, and cost savings through the deployment of over 50 Riverbed Steelhead appliances across international WAN connections.
* Recognized for innovating and administering change and configuration management processes that delivered 99.9% uptime across 51 international locations.
Network Engineer, COMAIR, Erlanger, KY
Infrastructure Support, Hewlett Packard, Cincinnati, OH
Associate of Science in Information Systems Technology
* Seasoned Enterprise IT Operations Leadership
* Driving Innovation in Project Management
* Building and Leading Strong Technical Teams
* Working Across Department Lines
* Expertise in the Healthcare IT Industry
* Skilled in Process Improvement
* Experienced in Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
* Exceptional Results in Cost Containment
* Maximizing Systems and Application Performance
* Designing & Deploying Knowledge Management Systems
* Delivering Status Updates to Executive Leadership
* Experience in Data Center Operations