Then, the candidate has an outline of their full work experience (employment history) in sequential order with employment dates on file.
Next is the Educational background, listed in descending order (most recent first). It then moves onto the Professional Background, highlighting skills separated into professional & personal skills.
And lastly, Certifications/Licenses that the candidate it involved with. Then a final part displays any other additional information that the candidate want it to be listed.
Resume Example for Senior Project Manager – Engineering Operations & Hosting Services
RESULTS-ORIENTED IT PROJECT MANAGER & ENGINEER
Collaborate Successfully | Produce Quality Deliverables | On-Time & Efficiently
A versatile IT professional that resourcefully executes enterprise level projects from inception to deployment in extremely fast-paced environments. Exceptional analytical, leadership and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to concurrently plan and execute multiple projects in a successful, timely and cost effective manner. An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills that is capable of working at all organizational levels and across local and remote cross-functional teams to achieve successful results.
AGILE & WATERFALL PROJECT MANAGEMENT | RESOURCE MANAGEMENT | SYSTEM INTEGRATION PROCESS IMPROVEMENT | REQUIREMENT ANALYSIS | SOFTWARE DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT | SDLC | CHANGE MANAGEMENT | INFRASTRUCTURE| OPERATIONS | VENDOR MANAGEMENT | TEAM LEADERSHIP | CONSULTING | CUSTOMER SERVICE DELIVERY | COTS
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Senior Project Manager – Engineering Operations & Hosting Services
2016 to Present
Managed several large-scale, critical projects and highly visible initiatives for both the Storage and Computing teams to plan and organize major OS, software upgrades and storage migrations for several key financial systems. Successfully collaborated w/ business owners, end users, senior management, engineering teams and multiple vendors to complete high risk enterprise level projects. Also served as the acting Storage Team’s manager for several months after an internal reorganization. . Key projects:
• Migrating the Reston data center to another internal data center in Maryland.
• Migrating from EMC to IBM storage and then back again to EMC when the performance pilot test failed for vital financial systems.
• Managing the build out and cutover of a new large-scale production computing grid environment to replace EOL components and to provide much better performance and an equivalent environment to the testing environment to prevent future launch failures.
• Prepared and presented formal presentations regarding viable solutions and current status.
Technical Project Manager – Xfininity Home Operations
2015 to 2015
Applied Agile methodologies and tools to coordinate and track the build-out of infrastructure and production environments for a team of 12 engineers. Worked very closely with the PMO and engineering teams to define requirements/priorities; manage technical debt & backlog; lead daily stand up meetings and provided almost daily status of the many projects we supported as a large team to senior management, key stakeholders and team members.
• Facilitated a more positive working environment by working effectively with the PMO, engineers and many other teams to create mutually realistic schedules, escalating issues and removing impediments to ensure the launch of higher quality projects on time.
Senior Systems Engineer & Project Manager, Technology Development
2009 to 2015
Collaborated with business owners, vendors, architects and principal engineers to ensure all delivered 4G products and applications met project requirements and schedules. Tracked issues, managed vendors, performed UAT testing, wrote detailed installation instructions and successfully managed all lab builds and production implementations for software releases, new partners and new devices.
• Reduced yearly operating costs by over $1.5M by taking the initiative to assume the responsibilities of 2 very expensive on-site vendors and a full-time Oracle DBA contractor.
• Served as SME for the large-scale Java based software product and Oracle database that enabled us to maintain and provision 4G devices for numerous vendors and clients.
• Designed and developed tools and processes using Unix, Perl, SQL and / or Java based scripts to monitor applications, resolve issues, rectify data problems, audit failures and to fulfill long-term reporting requirements by creating a data warehouse to support reporting.
• Facilitated the database design, application development and testing of 2 R&D replacement provisioning systems.
Data and Systems Manager, Digital Phone Operations
2007 to 2009
Managed the 3 5-person teams responsible for delivering special development projects, Tier III technical support activities, reporting / extract requests and DBA activities associated with Digital Phone Order Management System (DPOM). Received 2 “Dragon Awards” for the following accomplishments:
• Assumed additional responsibilities by serving as the lead Technical Project Manager for the “Willdcat” initiative which enabled TWC to reduce annual operating costs by $10M by migrating 2 million subscribers from Verizon to Sprint. Facilitated the complex migration process definition between cross-functional teams and vendors, wrote detail script designs, and performed the day-to-day scheduling and troubleshooting activities to ensure the success of this critical 2 yearlong project.
• Resolved a critical reporting need by quickly designing, testing and implementing the data warehouse required to capture key data from the DPOM legacy system and the OMSe replacement so that vital data was not lost during the nationwide migration process.
Release / Deployment Project Manager, Digital Phone Operations
2005 to 2006
Coordinated nationwide software deployments and infrastructure maintenance activities required to maintain VoIP provisioning systems across 8 regional data centers for 30+ Digital Phone divisions.
• Leveraged technical skills to coordinate activities across all cross-functional teams, write detailed project plans for all DPOM initiatives, 65% of the nationwide DPOM to OMSe weekend application conversions in addition to writing detailed technical instructions and supporting almost nightly maintenance activities.
• Trained and supported my 2 replacements for this role before and after my FTE promotion to a more senior management role.
Technical Manager, AOL Search Operations
2000 to 2003
Managed a $10M budget and a team of 7 UNIX/Linux and database administrators responsible for scaling, launching and supporting the web and back-end servers that support all domestic search applications for AOL, Netscape, CompuServe Netscape and CNN. Effectively worked with numerous stakeholders, vendors, partners and cross-functional teams to ensure all projects were launched on schedule and in accordance with business requirements, SLA and legal obligations.
• Lowered AOL Search operating costs by $20M by introducing newer technologies, consolidating processes across brands, creating a costing capacity model and allocating resources optimally.
• Maintained 100% search application availability by providing effective 24/7 support, introducing site redundancy, standardizing deployment methodologies, and implementing real time monitoring to provide and present vital KPI data to AOL executives for their top money maker.
• Radically improved the onboarding process of new initiatives by implementing a formal Project Review Request Process which enabled us to better define requirements and allocate staff and hardware resources more optimally for production and infrastructure environments.
• Ranked #1 Manager on the AOL Operations employee surveys in 2002 & 2003 for maintaining the very highest staff satisfaction levels by consistently encouraging and rewarding excellent performance, innovative solutions/ideas, teamwork and professional growth.
• Served as acting department director often and for extended periods of time periods of time.
Principal Consultant & Manager, Telecommunications Business Unit
1995 to 2000
Senior Manager / Consultant, Technical Integration Group
• Managed a team of 10 to ensure the quality installation and functional / technical support for a wide variety of Telecom COTS applications for multiple client environments. Applied Agile and Kanban methodologies to work closely with multiple HW & SW vendors and clients to ensure problems are tracked, resolved and communicated across projects. Also applied Waterfall principles to work effectively with senior management to define and ensure all requirements are clearly defined and prioritized to ensure success for multiple simultaneous projects.
• Managed 2 GUI development teams in addition to leading the successful proof of concept effort to research, analyze, and implement the software upgrades and tools required to enable two existing GUI applications to support bi-directional language support for an Israeli Telecom client. Nominated for Senior Principal by 2 VPs for outstanding performance and many collective long term efforts to ensure client satisfaction and the success and growth of the Telecom BU.
• Served as lead technical architect, developer and DBA for all common system routines and database design, release and conversion activities. Later assumed a senior management role for all 3 technical teams associated with the Technical Integration Group (TIG) required to effectively support over 250 Telecom BU co-workers and multiple national and International Telecom clients. Designed an online technical request system to better track and manage our customer service levels.
BS in Management Information Systems
Software Applications: Microsoft Office Suite; Microsoft Project, Splunk, Crystal Reports, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Remedy, PVCS, JIRA
Database & Systems Administration: Oracle, Sybase, UNIX, Linux, DB2, IMS