Then, the candidate has an outline of their full work experience (employment history) in sequential order with employment dates on file.
Next is the Educational background, listed in descending order (most recent first). It then moves onto the Professional Background, highlighting skills separated into professional & personal skills.
And lastly, Certifications/Licenses that the candidate it involved with. Then a final part displays any other additional information that the candidate want it to be listed.
Resume Example for Immigration Lawyer
Sugar Land, TX
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
March 2015 to Present
* Worked with clients in all aspects of case preparation in both affirmative and defensive immigration matters.
* Handled Adjustment of Status both in and out of court, Consular Processing, Waivers (I-601 and I-601A), TPS, DACA,
Asylum, Withholding, Cancellation of Removal, VAWA, U Visas, SIJ, UAC, Military Parole in Place, Widow petitions,
I-90, I-131, I-212, I-751, I-821, I-765, N-400, Orders of Supervision, among others.
* In charge of opinion letters, trial briefs, motions, and appeals to the BIA. Successfully communicated with ICE attorneys
to negotiate agreed/unopposed motions to reopen, motions for administrative closure, motions to terminate, prosecutorial
discretion, among others.
Pro Bono Immigration Lawyer
January 2012 to Present
Worked Pro Bono helping low income Texans completely free of cost with their legal problems, mainly with immigration
* Induced to the Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas in recognition of donating time to help change the lives of people in need who do not have the means to afford legal help.
* Helped clients with both affirmative and defensive immigration matters.
* In affirmative immigration: handled Adjustment of Status, Consular Processing, Waivers (I-601 and I-601A), TPS,
DACA, Asylum, VAWA, U Visas, SIJ petitions, Unaccompanied Children petitions, Military Parole in Place, Renewal of LPR Cards, Advance Parole petitions, Petitions to remove conditions on residency, work permit applications,
* In defensive immigration: handled Withholding, Cancellation of Removal, I-212, I-601 waivers of inadmissibility, ICE
Form I-246, among others.
* Helped clients obtain agreed motions to reopen and terminate cases from ICE attorneys and helped clients with appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals.
P.O. Box 18723 | Sugar Land, Texas 77496
Mobile: (832) 725-2992
November 2012 to February 2015
Worked as a contract attorney on a wide array of legal cases for different clients/law suits reviewing documents produced
during Discovery for relevant and/or privileged information.
* Worked in a group environment to maximize client goals.
* Member of the PRO BONO COLLEGE OF THE STATE BAR OF TEXAS
The Pro Bono College recognizes attorneys who make outstanding contributions to the delivery of legal services to low- income Texans to address the vast unmet legal needs of the poor.
* Member of the TEXAS BAR COLLEGE
The Texas Bar College is an honorary society of lawyers who are among the best trained attorneys in Texas.
* Licensed to practice law by the STATE BAR OF TEXAS.
J.D. in Law
August 2008 to August 2011
BA in Liberal Arts: Philosophy and Spanish
August 2002 to May 2006