Then, the candidate has an outline of their full work experience (employment history) in sequential order with employment dates on file.
Next is the Educational background, listed in descending order (most recent first). It then moves onto the Professional Background, highlighting skills separated into professional & personal skills.
And lastly, Certifications/Licenses that the candidate it involved with. Then a final part displays any other additional information that the candidate want it to be listed.
Resume Example for Trial Lawyer
Port Arthur, TX
Young lawyer with two jury verdicts in personal injury cases
Willing to relocate to: Houston, TX
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
February 2016 to November 2017
Tried two auto accident injury case to a jury verdict as sole trial attorney. Handled all trial
preparation, including preparation of all trial documents and witnesses.
• Propounded and responded to written discovery, took and defended depositions of party
witnesses and experts.
• Provided detailed case analysis and evaluation of key legal and factual issues to clients.
• Assigned primary and sole responsibility for large caseload of actively litigated cases.
• Developed and implemented litigation, discovery, settlement and trial strategies.
April 2015 to November 2015
• Managed a docket with over 100 mostly pre-lit cases.
• Handled client’s claims, demands and settlement offers.
• Assisted and informed clients of all matters throughout the duration of their case.
September 2014 to April 2015
Assisted attorney-owner with all litigation tasks, specifically handling all client discovery.
Jr., Jefferson County Criminal District Court
May 2012 to July 2012
• Observed trials and procedural operation of large criminal felony court docket.
• Researched case law and drafted orders on motions concerning exclusion of evidence, the right to a speedy trial, and ineffective assistance of counsel.