Then, the candidate has an outline of their full work experience (employment history) in sequential order with employment dates on file.
Next is the Educational background, listed in descending order (most recent first). It then moves onto the Professional Background, highlighting skills separated into professional & personal skills.
And lastly, Certifications/Licenses that the candidate it involved with. Then a final part displays any other additional information that the candidate want it to be listed.
Resume Example for Mortgage Underwriter
Experienced professional offering more than 25 years of expertise in real estate lending. This involves credit assessment,
risk analysis, credit investigation, property appraisals, and fraud detection and prevention. Possess strong analytical and
decision making skills. Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong service, team work, and time management skills; able to
effectively communicate and coordinate with people and work well even under stressful environment.
• Solid understanding of standards and regulatory requirements; accurately apply compliance program based on
the laws and regulations that are part of the governing law
• Knowledgeable in fraud detection and prevention within the mortgage industry
• Strong interpersonal and communications abilities with active listening and consultation skills
• Keen attention to detail
August 2011 to October 2017
• Reviewed and underwrote higher risk loans (mortgage loans with less than 20% down payment or equity) to ensure compliance with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and investor guidelines
• Analyzed income documentation, including tax returns and paystubs to determine the borrower’s financial
ability to repay the debt
• Examined the credit report for accuracy of declared liabilities and non disclosed debts
• Analyzed the property appraisal to ensure the collateral value was established and accurate
• Reviewed the Truth in Lending, Good Faith Estimate, Flood Notification and HMDA disclosures to ensure
compliance with regulatory guidelines
• Identified risk issues and potential fraud
• Determined approval or rejection of loan based on the overall credit and risk assessment
Bachelor of Science in Marketing