Then, the candidate has an outline of their full work experience (employment history) in sequential order with employment dates on file.
Next is the Educational background, listed in descending order (most recent first). It then moves onto the Professional Background, highlighting skills separated into professional & personal skills.
And lastly, Certifications/Licenses that the candidate it involved with. Then a final part displays any other additional information that the candidate want it to be listed.
Resume Example for Mortgage Underwriter
To obtain a job and establish a career within a growing company that will utilize my knowledge and skills. I have a broad range of skills that I may have the ability to plan, organize, and display creativity and maintain a professional demeanor.
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
August 2015 to February 2017
• Review, evaluate and synthesize data to confirm loan viability and salability
• Identify risk issues, loan manufacturing issues and red flags associated with potential misrepresentation
• Conduct, review and quality assurance of FHA, VA and USDA loans after underwritten
• Analyze credit reports, titles, property appraisals as well as other required loan documentation
• Ensure loan files meet investor, regulatory and company guidelines
• Work hand-in-hand with loan officers, processors and branch managers
• Maintain knowledge of underwriting guidelines and regulations
• Perform pre-funding and post-closing audit of loan products to ensure compliance with policies and procedures as well as investor guidelines
• Responsible for executing multiple areas of test work during audit activities.
• Utilizes analytical skills and/or technical expertise to execute assigned audit testing responsibilities.
• Exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively influence management to improve the control environment.
• Supports employee development efforts, teamwork and a positive and inclusive work environment.
June 2011 to July 2015
• Review and evaluate information on mortgage loan applications and supporting documents to determine if borrowers capacity, credit meet lender/investor and government requirements
• Underwriting wholesale and retail residential loans; documents including: the preliminary credit package-credit report, income, assets, appraisals and title work
• Independently executes audit test work on assigned audits.
• Begins to demonstrate basic project management skills.
• Raises issues and concerns and makes recommendations for severity ratings
• Work efficiently with database and imaging systems in a paperless environment. Review and analyze tax transcripts, utilize fraud tools, run and interpret DU correctly
• Implement changing overlays, approve only high-quality loans to meets investor, FNMA and FHA guidelines
• Work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment without discounting quality
• Proactively communicate to customers and business partners in a timely matter for loan decisions and underwriting guidelines
• Record loan denial specifying investor and institution guidelines and basis for declining application in accordance with investor/state/federal regulations
• Front line underwriting – auditing, manual underwriting, delegated underwriting of A-Paper, Alt-A, A Minus, Retail, Wholesale, hard files and paperless systems
• Accurately completed applications of cash receipts against outstanding account receivables
Contract Commercial Underwriter
May 2010 to May 2011
• Assists and counsels originators in qualifying loans, determining borrower’s needs, determining appropriate commercial loan product in light of needs, and obtaining requisite financial data.
• Reviews credit requests, business credit scores, business reports and consumer bureaus.
• Assesses issues for impact to business processes, controls and strategies, recommends severity ratings and escalation of broad themes or trends.
• Begins to establish business partner relationships; primary engagement is with line management.
• Evaluates collateral adequacy, industry risk, purpose and viability of business.
• Review appraisals and loan documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Analyze files for loan to value ratios, debt to income ratios, credit reports, tax returns, applications and other documents to ensure that the borrowers have the ability and willingness to repay the loan
• Analyze all areas of the mortgage application and other legal documents to ensure accuracy, completing files for compliance and for internal regulatory guidelines
• Maintained accurate account receivable logs and database entries
• Resolved all account discrepancies and completed monthly audits of accounts receivables
• In-depth knowledge and understanding or reports and spreadsheets that captures real time data
• Constant communication with all involved parties via email, phone and/or face to face consultation in order to exhibit excellent customer service
MS in Accounting
June 2017 to Present
MBA in Business Administration
August 2015 to May 2017
BS in Business Administration/ Management
August 2010 to December 2014
• Knowledge of FHA/VA, USDA, Conventional, AUS DU/LP, FNMA, FHLMC and manual/ jumbo underwriting.
• Familiar with fraud detection techniques, lending guidelines, mortgage industry, and loan renegotiating experience analyzing, reviewing, and underwriting complex or large individual consumer requests.
• Dynamic and energetic self-starter that is able to work independently.
• Knowledge of loan processing, closing, administration, paperless and paper files.
• Up to 60 loans in my pipeline. Underwrite approximately 30 to 50 loans per month.
• Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Project and Visio). Type 55 to 60 WPM.
• Strong level of analytical, financial and accounting skills. Ability to break down data or issues into sub-compartments in order to determine options or best approach.
• Working knowledge of LOS systems such as Empower or Encompass