Then, the candidate has an outline of their full work experience (employment history) in sequential order with employment dates on file.
Next is the Educational background, listed in descending order (most recent first). It then moves onto the Professional Background, highlighting skills separated into professional & personal skills.
And lastly, Certifications/Licenses that the candidate it involved with. Then a final part displays any other additional information that the candidate want it to be listed.
Resume Example for Mortgage Underwriter
Mortgage Underwriter – Capital One
August 2016 to Present
Underwrote loans from submission to final approval with lending authority up to $1,500,000 maintaing excellent quality. Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting large, unusual or complex individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines.
• Determined qualifying income for more complex applicants including self employed. (All tax returns)
• Reviewed complex appraisals for condo’s and attached PUDs. Also reviewed warnings from Collateral Underwriting system and ensure collateral risk is effectively managed and evaluated.
• Restructured loans recommended for denial and presented counter-offers which fully complied with guidelines at an acceptable level of risk.
• Improved loan review cycle time by eliminating redundancies and streamlining process and employed workflow for operational efficiency and productivity.
• Met daily production goal maintaining a pipeline with over 40 loans.
Quality Control Senior Underwriter
June 2015 to August 2016
Conducted audits of pre and post fund loan files to measure compliance with all agency and investor requirements.
• Re-underwrote all loan documentation, including tax returns, appraisal, and compliance requirements.
• Validated all data used in the loan decision including all data passed to an automated underwriting system, Desktop Underwriter, Loan Prospector or Government Underwriting System to ensure accurate results.
• Determined if the underwriter correctly calculated and approved the loan in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Provided input for decision-making to identify the root cause of problems identified within the audit.
June 2012 to May 2015
Reviewed and ensured accuracy of documents received for employment, income, assets, and credit.
• Reviewed financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios(i.e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value); Examining transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness; Evaluated customer financial ability, reason for default, and ability to make payments.
• Maintained meticulous attention to detail in underwriting mortgages. Evaluated the financial strength of borrowers to determine risk and repayment capacity.
• Leveraged knowledge of loan products to help restructure turned-down loans for subsequent approvals. Maintained compliance with lending, underwriting and government requirements.
• Served as a subject matter expert on an underwriting project helping assist new hires.
January 2011 to May 2012
Provided support to loan officer and underwriter teams by ensuring the timely, judicious and accurate processing of mortgages.
• Ensured all files were complete prior to underwriting hand-off and coordinated effectively with title companies to ensure smooth closings.
• Gathered, ordered, and followed up on all necessary loan documents, including credit reports, inspections, and appraisals.
• Input, updated, and maintained accuracy of loan information in mortgage loan origination system.
• Acted as liaison between title source team, lender client, and borrower.
Adaptability Effective Communication Skills Time Management
Attention to Detail Experty Problem Solver Teamwork/ Partnerships Critical Thinking Quaility Assurance Sound Judgment