Then, the candidate has an outline of their full work experience (employment history) in sequential order with employment dates on file.
Next is the Educational background, listed in descending order (most recent first). It then moves onto the Professional Background, highlighting skills separated into professional & personal skills.
And lastly, Certifications/Licenses that the candidate it involved with. Then a final part displays any other additional information that the candidate want it to be listed.
Resume Example for Mortgage Underwriter
High energy, self-motivated, goal driven professional with a team oriented mindset who can balance the need of quality production in a high quantity environment with a strong commitment to ethics in banking. Over 20 years of financial industry experience including underwriting, compliance and risk management. Maximize profit and quality of service by ensuring optimal performance of underwriting standards in compliance with bank programs and regulations. Provide the highest standards of customer service to internal and external customers by consistently exceeding expectations and job performance.
August 2016 to September 2017
• Evaluate and analyze credit, income, assets, closing and appraisal valuations for routine and complex transactions to mitigate financial and credit risks.
• Maintain compliance with lender and Investor programs, regulations and underwriting guidelines.
• Present results of underwriting analysis to management and clients through well written loan summary reports.
June 2015 to August 2016
• Ensure Conventional, FHA and VA mortgage loans meet internal and external eligibility requirements for credit, income, assets, appraisal, closing and title valuation.
• Assess and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions to mitigate credit risks.
• Leverage knowledge of loan products to help restructure loans for subsequent approvals.
• Maintain compliance with Investor programs, regulations and underwriting guidelines.
Underwriter Standards Specialist
April 2010 to August 2015
• Responsible for ensuring that the loans are of investment quality, were processed and underwritten according to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac policy as well as secondary market, investor guidelines and comply with all applicable federal and state laws / regulations.
• Re-calculate income, analyze assets, credit, closing and appraisal valuation to assess risk and identify issues that could affect the performance of mortgage bank securities.
• Restructure loan terms to determine if alternate financing options would have been more beneficial to the borrower.
• Review lender contracts and variances for compliance with investor guidelines and regulations.
• Respond to the investor audits for performing, non-performing and post-closing loans within established time-frames and ensure outstanding conditions and/or findings are satisfactorily addressed.
March 2005 to April 2010
• Perform Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA and VA underwriting analysis based on validation of conditions, self employment income calculation, appraisal and title valuation.
• Provide an overview of the original loan file to determine appropriate recommendation in compliance with investor and program guidelines.
• Prepare well written, descriptive and informative loan summary reports to identify minor to complex loan issues that have been identified and convey to internal and external customers.
March 1999 to November 2004
• Underwrite mortgage loan file submissions to ensure all risk tolerances for income, asset, appraisal valuation, closing and title are in compliance with established lender programs and investor guidelines.
• Present an executive loan summary report to internal and external customers detailing a concise overview of loan terms, issues and resolutions.
Mortgage Operations Specialist
July 1997 to March 1999
• Evaluate FHA, VA, Conventional mortgage applications submitted through broker channels nationwide to determine accuracy of PITI, debt to income ratios, loan terms, appraisal, closing and title valuation to support underwriting decision.
• Provide guidance and technical support to team members and brokers in identifying the merits and risks of each transaction.
• Perform quality control checks to ensure accuracy of state and federal lending regulations, RESPA, TRID, Reg Z, and secondary market/investor guidelines.
September 1993 to July 1997
• Underwrite mortgage loans in compliance with FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA investor guidelines and regulations.
• Perform a detailed analysis of income documents, tax returns, credit, financial statements, appraisal and closing valuation to evaluate the borrower’s credit needs and ability to re-pay.
• Restructure loans when necessary to find alternative solutions for loan approval that meet lender and investor guidelines.
• Supervise and coordinate the activities of support staff to maintain an efficient workflow of new and existing loans. Ensure underwriting conditions are satisfactorily met in a timely manner
October 1991 to September 1993
• Process and underwrite mortgage loan applications utilizing FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA investor and lender guidelines.
• Analyze credit reports, appraisals, tax returns and all disclosure documents to ensure compliance with investor and program guidelines.
• Provide operational and technical support to production and team members to ensure prompt delivery of mortgage applications from origination, processing, underwriting and closing.
April 2010 to Present
Fannie Mae School of Mortgage Banking Courses I, II and III
• Underwriting & Credit Evaluation Courses/Commercial Lending Courses/Self Employment Analysis/Appraisal Valuation
Microsoft Word, Office, PowerPoint, Excel, AUS – DU, LP, CLUES, CLOUT, Pace, Black Knight
Client Relationship Management Systems: Calyx, Encompass, Citrix, Share Point, Quality Assurance System, Lexis Nexis, MERS, Real Quest, Fidelity, Chronos and multiple fraud and proprietary systems.