Then, the candidate has an outline of their full work experience (employment history) in sequential order with employment dates on file.
Next is the Educational background, listed in descending order (most recent first). It then moves onto the Professional Background, highlighting skills separated into professional & personal skills.
And lastly, Certifications/Licenses that the candidate it involved with. Then a final part displays any other additional information that the candidate want it to be listed.
Resume Example for Rehabbing Foreclosure Properties, Owner & Operator
Maple Glen, PA
I am seeking a position as a project manager. My diverse experience in construction operations and in owning my own businesses makes me an exceptional candidate to manage any project effectively. I understand how to adapt to any situation and motivate a diverse group of people to focus on completing the task at hand. I will complete jobs of the highest quality, on time and on budget, in order to satisfy my customers. I look forward to joining an organization where I can put my skills to use and build a lasting career.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Rehabbing Foreclosure Properties, Owner & Operator
2016 to Present
• Analyzed the resale market to identify homes ideal to rehabilitate for profit.
• Planned and prepared all repairs, modifications, drawings, permits and finish selections.
• Performed majority of work myself, hired and managed all other contractors.
• Acquired NJ Real Estate Agent license that remains active.
Retail Store, Owner & Operator
2009 to 2016
• Made all decisions necessary of small business owner and day to day manager of a retail store.
• Completed all aspects of purchasing, marketing, receiving, hiring, managing staff, and maintaining the building while working long hours.
• Motivated staff to maintain positive attitude during busy holiday seasons and slow off months.
• Expedited the negotiation of the lease and build out of the store myself with a large corporate entity
unmotivated to engage in any alterations. Later succeeded in getting unresponsive landlord to negotiate early lease termination with the waiving of all termination penalties.
• Established and operated internet retail sales company.
2007 to 2009
• Scheduled and managed all subcontractors and inspections for project.
• Developed processes on the first semi-custom project for the company that became necessary to satisfy the demands of a higher level of customer.
• Managed blueprint revisions with architect and subcontractors to incorporate custom options into existing blueprints.
• Implemented OSHA compliant safety standards on site and with all subcontractors.
Director of Operations/Systems Coordinator
2004 to 2007
Coordinated flow of information between sales, construction, purchasing & warranty with processes
that ensured meeting homeowners expectations by better communicating with buyers and completion of houses on time and without defects.
• Organized the design, review and implementation process of new construction scheduling software
and new warranty department software.
• Managed the creation and revision process of all new plans with architects for ongoing and future
• Directed marketing agency through creation of interactive sales brochures for company website.
• Served on multiple Home Owners Associations as the builder representative and president of HOA.
Used interpersonal skills to keep HOA board satisfied and meetings with full membership on point.
Director of Purchasing
2001 to 2004
• Conducted hiring, direct training, and managing of purchasing department employees.
• Prepared bid templates from plans for new jobs, put all subcontracted tasks out to bid, performed
estimating for all new homes, analyzed bids and negotiated final prices, reviewed and revised legal
documents related to contracts and created final contracts for subcontractors.
• Reviewed blueprints to add better details, correct errors, and develop new options to sell.
• Worked directly with software developer in a continual improvement of proprietary purchasing
software, revised and improved software database to improve PO content and streamline PO creation
• Identified and trained an exceptional employee I hired to take over the Director of Purchasing position.
She currently remains in that position.
Special assignment working for V.P. Operations
2000 to 2001
Performed long term assignment requiring logic & understanding of software databases, attention to detail, communication, long hours, and an ability to get the job done quickly without proper resources.
Construction was starting three houses a week for several months with no purchase orders due to incomplete new software.
• Accomplished creating a backlog of PO’s that required repairing software database mistakes, creating
database tables, and improving the software on the fly so PO’s contained critical construction details.
• Began directly managing purchasing department staff, motivated staff through working many hours
beyond their expectation, trained sales staff on new software, trained selections staff on how to use
new software to sell options on homes.
Assistant Project Manager
1998 to 2000
Oversaw scheduling & managing construction from insulation to closing with no prior construction
• Utilized strong math skills to assist framing foreman laying out the walls on the slab from the blueprints.
• Earned respect of project manager, subcontractors, inspectors & homeowners with my work ethic,
ability to relate to others, interest in learning subcontractors jobs and working to improve the construction process to their benefit.
• Promoted to schedule entire project & empowered as project manager on part time basis.
• Conducted all pre-settlement walkthroughs with homeowners for punchlist items and education on their homes.
• Developed closing processes & homeowner manual that would later evolve into reorganized warranty
1996 to 1998
B.S. in Business Administration in Management